Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA!!!

I've been very good and haven't mentioned any political affiliations or leaning's on this blog. Mostly since the vast majority of my extended family are Republicans who get Christmas cards from the Bush's. But suffice it to say I am ecstatic.
We got to watch history being made last night. Got to see our country stand up and make a decision that could change everything about us. Watch someone with morals and integrity, a man who actually told the truth, answered questions and kept his promises become our next President. The sight of a million people in Chicago, standing unified for one man and one cause brought me to tears. It was an amazing night for our country and it's my fervent hope that we can keep this attitude of cooperation and change alive.
I've never been patriotic and spent most of my life wishing I was a Togolese citizen. But last night, for the first time, I felt those patriotic feelings for this country. I was proud to have an American passport, proud that I had cast my vote (for the first time) and proud that my daughter will be alive to see these changes.

No comments: